You can take a ferry or a ferry and bus combination to get from Koh Lipe to Phuket, which is a relatively simple journey. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know to make your journey from Koh Lipe to Phuket as smooth as possible.
Koh Lipe to Phuket Ferry
One of the most popular ways to travel from Koh Lipe to Phuket is by ferry. The journey takes approximately 4.30–5.30 hours, depending on the type of ferry and weather conditions. This route is served by several ferry companies, such as Bundhaya Speed Boat, Tigerline Ferry (Sirilanta speedboats), and Satun Pakbara Speed Boat Club.
- At the time of writing, Sirilanta via 12go Asia had the best price at 2152 baht. You can book using the search box below.
Speedboat Koh Lipe to Phuket
The best and easiest way to travel from Koh Lipe to Phuket is by ferry.
- The best and easiest way to travel from Koh Lipe to Phuket is by ferry.
- The journey takes around 4.30-5.30 hours depending on ferry and weather conditions.
- Several ferry companies, including Bundhaya Speed Boat, Tigerline Ferry, and Satun Pakbara Speed Boat Club, run speedboat services.
Koh Lipe to Phuket by Ferry and Bus
If you’d rather stay on land most of the time, you can take a ferry and a bus. Ploysiam currently offers services from Koh Lipe to Phuket. and takes approximately 10 hours to arrive at Phuket Bus Terminal 1.
Ferry and Bus to Phuket
You can also travel by Ferry and Bus combination.
Ferry Service + Bus
- You can buy a joint ferry and bus ticket
- You can also buy a ticket from Koh Lipe to Hat Yai and then take the coach from there.
- Works out cheaper than the direct ferry but takes longer.
Ferry Schedule and Fares
Most of the boats depart from Pattaya Beach on Koh Lipe and arrive at Rassada Pier in Phuket. Different ferry companies have different schedules, and the number of trips may change depending on the time of year. As such, it’s essential to check the schedules and fares in advance.
Most ferry companies let you book online, which is helpful if you want to make sure you have a seat. At the time of writing, fares were between 2152 baht (60 dollars) and 3400 baht (97 dollars).
The fares differ between the operators, and if you are travelling with children, it may be best to see who’s charging for infants, as in my experience travelling with my daughter, some operators didn’t charge.
- Boats depart from Pattaya Beach on Koh Lipe and arrive at Rassada Pier in Phuket.
- Ferry schedules vary among operators and may change depending on the time of year.
- Check schedules and fares in advance.
- Online booking is available for most ferry companies.
- Fares range from 2152 baht (60 dollars) to 3400 baht (97 dollars).
- Fares may differ between operators, and some may charge for infants when travelling with children.
Ferry and Bus Schedule and Fares
You can buy a joint ferry and minivan ticket from Koh Lipe to Phuket, and that can save you some of the hassles of booking them individually. At the time of writing, the best price was 1449 Baht (about 41$), and the journey took about 10 hours; however, you could also take the bus to Had Yai and then take the larger bus from there to Phuket bus terminal 1. It will save you some money, but the journey will be longer.
- Book your ticket in advance to secure your seat.
- Bring snacks and water for the journey.
- Consider carrying a neck pillow and a light blanket to make the journey more comfortable.
Return Trip Phuket – Koh Lipe
If you plan to travel back from Phuket to Koh Lipe, you can follow the same ferry and bus schedules mentioned above. It’s important to note that schedules and fares can change depending on the time of year, so it’s always a good idea to check the schedules and fares in advance. Most ferry companies and bus operators offer return tickets, which can save you money compared to purchasing two one-way tickets.
- Joint ferry and minivan ticket from Koh Lipe to Phuket can save you hassle of booking them separately.
- Best price at the time of writing was 1449 Baht (about $41) for a 10-hour journey.
- Alternatively, take the bus to Had Yai and then the larger bus to Phuket Bus Terminal 1 to save some money.
- Check the times and locations of the ferry and bus services twice to make sure you don’t miss your ride.
- Passengers are recommended to check in at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. (Check with your operator as some may have different rules.)
- Passengers on routes that stop at Koh Lipe and Koh Tarutao should be aware that there are extra fees to get into the national park.
- A fee of 200 baht per person will be charged as an entry fee, and an additional fee of 20 baht per person will be required for the pier entrance.
- Carry plenty of water and sunscreen.
Conclusion: What do we recommend?
Traveling from Koh Lipe to Phuket can be an enjoyable experience with the right preparation and knowledge. Whether you opt for a ferry ride, a combination of ferry and bus, or a return journey, there are several options available to suit your preferences and budget.
However, as someone who has travelled by speedboat and speedboat/ferry combination, I’d personally recommend the direct ferry option. And I say this as someone who gets seasick! The money saved was not worth the discomfort of the van! By following the travel tips provided, you can (hopefully!) make your journey smooth, comfortable, and hassle-free.
Is there a direct ferry between Koh Lipe and Phuket?
Yes, there are a few ferry companies that offer direct ferry services between Koh Lipe and Phuket, Bundhaya Speedboat and Satun Pakbara Speedboat and Tigerline
how far is koh lipe from Phuket?
The distance from Koh Lipe to Phuket is about 185 kilometres (115 miles)
How long do you need in Koh Lipe?
The duration of your stay in Koh Lipe depends on your travel plans and preferences. If you only plan to visit the island and its surroundings, a few days (3-4 days) may be enough to see the highlights and relax on the beaches. However, if you plan to use Koh Lipe as a base to explore nearby islands, or go diving you may want to stay longer (5-7 days). Ultimately, the length of your stay will depend on what you want to do and see while you’re there.